Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blog Assignment #6: Planning an Interview for a 'Personal Profile'

I was able to finish my interview the day after this assignment was given to us. At first I was stumped on who to interview that would be interesting enough to write a paper on. That was until I had gotten an unexpected visit from my dear aunt Carmen. She is the most thrifty woman I know that enjoys the smaller things in life. She came over with some pizza and Pepsi and we started to catch up. She told me all about her volunteer work for Sandy victims who just so happened to be some of her closest friends. As she told her story I sat there in silence listening and thinking of how amazing of a story this was and how I had to write about it, whether it was a free write for my journal or writing for a class paper. After she told her story I had asked to conduct an interview with her and she was more than happy to. The interview was emotional and definitely hits the heart. She is a free woman and newly-wed lesbian that enjoys long walks, spending quality time with her loved ones and helping those in need. I think she is the perfect interviewee for this 'Personal Profile' assignment. 

I am thinking of writing this paper based on what it truly means to live free from my aunt’s point of view. I don’t want to just list the interview and write a very journalistic personal profile. Just some thoughts..

No comments:

Post a Comment